Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prepaid vs Postpaid

Last year in July, I decided to try on using postpaid line because some of friends realized that I spent so much money on my prepaid,so they thought that it would be best if I switched to postpid.
So I did.
For over a year, I had been using postpaid line.
Until recently I realized that with postpaid I spent so much more than prepaid.
Maybe it's just me but I realize that using postpaid had caused me to overuse the line.

Being a student, it is very definitely not recommended for me to use so much of money on something like that because I should spend them on something more important like food, books and other necessity.
With me using Blackberry and subscribing to Blackberry Internet Service(BIS) by Maxis, I had to pay quite sum of money every month to pay for the charges.
And it just made me realize recently when I had to pay RM 190 for my phone bill, which I found very disturbing and irrelevant in that sense.
I realized that as a student, I am not supposed to be spending so much on my phone bill.
Maybe this only applies to me because I seem to be very careless about my money.

So, the realization I got from that got me into thinking that I should switch back to prepaid line.
And so I did.
I guess it would be best if I just stick to prepaid because I think it's for my good too.
I should always remind myself that I am still a student who still do not have a job and salary to pay for things which do not seem to be important at this moment.
So I guess switching back to prepaid is the best thing for me to do.
There are a lot more things coming my way soon, like my practical teaching and stuffs, which will definitely require a lot of money.
I guess I am just lucky enough to still have supportive family who still give me money when I myself think that I do not deserve it from them.
Maybe,I just need to start to realize that money don't come easily and and they don't grow on trees and start to realize every cent I have.

So what say you?

Are you a loyal user of postpaid or prepaid line?

2 Comment:

Yvonne Ling said...

I'm a postpaid user. hm, I agree it encourages one to spend more cos there's no limit. But the call rate is cheaper (then again i tend to SMS more, cos I'm afraid I might intrude if I call).

I din realise that Blackberry user have to pay that much per month.

if it is that much, I guess prepaid would be better? :)

Amir Omar said...

I think Prepaid also now provides a good call rate for the users. But it depends on how you use it.
Btw, the BB is not the cause of the entire problem, it's ME! hahaha

Powered by Blogger.