Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Money doesn't come easy, baby.

Now that I have finished my 6-long-year studies, I am starting to think about what to do next.

Everyday, I keep thinking about my future, the possibilities and many other things.

Or maybe I just over-think things? Maybe.

For the past 6 years, I lived kinda lavishly because I was studying under government scholarship which I consider quite sum of money. And I didn't quite really understand the hardship of earning money because it was given to me every semester. And my parents also sometimes gave me pocket money. I was really lucky. I felt really blessed and grateful.

But when it is now over, here comes the real life where you are on your own. No one is giving you money anymore.

Let me rephrase that.

No more scholarship received every 6 month like how it used to be, but my parents still give me money. But, I feel so embarrassed to receive money from them anymore. They know I haven't started working and I don't have money to live on. But hey, I am a soon-to-be 24-year-old chap, and I still receive money from my parents? No, that ain't cool to me at all!

Every now and then, I got to thinking, "For the past 24 years of living, what have I possessed so far?"

I realized that I basically have nothing but myself. Absolutely nothing of my own. Put aside what my parents give me. I basically have nothing. Nothing.

And it makes me to think that I have been enjoying myself a little too much that I forget about the future. And now, as I am moving towards a new beginning,  a beginning of another stage in my life, I finally come to my sense that there are so much responsibilities I need to think about, that there's so much for me to do, not just for myself but for people around me.

And every time I think about responsibilities, I will think about money.

Money is definitely not everything (this may sound cheesy, but whatever), but you need money for almost possibly anything these days (that includes my retail therapy,hahaha).

It's been almost 2 months since everything was over and done with and just so you know, I haven't started working as a real teacher. I don't know what the real deal is nor do I have no idea to whatever causes this delay in our posting.

I am not bored, I am just restless sitting around doing basically nothing. (If the "doing nothing" can give me money, I wouldn't mind it at all). It brings more harm than good (one of it is, I am gaining crazy weight and I am super fat now).

So I thought, I need to start looking for a job. Yes, I need to work.

Work => money => can buy stuffs 

I definitely would love to enjoy this long holidays before my career as a teacher starts and takes away this wonderful life I have.

But I can't. In order to survive, one needs money, and I need money. I realize money doesn't come easy and you need to work hard to earn money. Hence, here I am now. Working and still looking for other jobs so I can get more money.

No, I am not money-minded nor am I materialistic.

I just have lots of things in my mind and that these "things" require money for me to realize them.

It's nothing fun like that, it's a part of my plans towards becoming a responsible adult.

Now I know how hard it is to get money. HARD EARNED MONEY, as they say.

Key word, HARD!

Money doesn't fall from the sky, Amir. It doesn't! Wake up!

YES! I am all grown-up now and I know my responsibilities!(though sometimes I act like a little childish bitch, but hey, there's always a little child in everybody)

I am actually working now, and I am probably starting my second job next month. Wish me luck people!

I don't know what future has in store for me but I surely hope that it's gonna be all sweet and beautiful for me. :)

Toodles!

4 Comment:

edz said...

at last, amir dah bangun dari tido... hehe, keje ape next month mir??

Amir Omar said...

Siut kan ko! Haaha
skrg ni ak kerja dgn abg ipar aku, next month kerja lain plak,tpi nnti ak dah kerja ak bgtau kat cni,ok?
stay tuned! :)

Melancholic Fool said...

whoa,,,

got me thinking too... do u realise now that even RM300 is considered no money too? its like - CEPATNYA HABIS! aku baru beli barang2 dapur kat hock hai hypemarket...

Goodness... camne nak manage nanti?

Amir Omar said...

I know,right?

Powered by Blogger.